Keto Marshmallow Shortcakefrenchies
Shortcake base and marshmallow topping, Yum. Also sugar free and keto.
Keto Marshmallow Shortcake
Marshmallow Shortcake was a favorite among young and old alike. The crunchy base texture goes well with the very soft texture of the marshmallow. Sugar free and gluten free.
- 100 g Butter
- 1/2 cup Betta sweet stevia or erythritol
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 11/4 cup Frenchies bread mix
- 2 cups Water
- 3 TBSP Gelatine
- 21/2 cup Betta sweet stevia powder
- Preheat oven to 180 c
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Add Frenchies baking mix to form a dough.
- Roll between 2 baking paper sheets.
- line a baking dish(17 cm x 23 cm ) with baking paper.
- Place the rolled dough on top and bake for 15 minutes until golden.
- For the filling
- Put water, gelatine and sugar into a pot and boil for 8 minutes.
- while the water mixture is boiling. start beating the egg whites adding the sugar powder slowly until fluffy,
- Add the hot syrup in a steady stream to the egg white mixture. let it beat for a while until very stiff ( will take a while to be stiff)
- If you decide to color the marshmallow, then divide into 2 lots. Add few drops of your choice of color, and mix well
- Pour the mixture on top of the shortcake. and chill .
- Now just slice and enjoy!
Looks yum! Can you please tell me how many eggs in the base and also how many egg whites in the filling, thank you.
3 eggs Tania